November 25, 2013

Relief Society Dinner

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Magleby's chocolate cake.

But wait, I'll come back to that in a minute.

This Thursday evening my mom and I attended the Relief Society's Thanksgiving dinner. My aunt Lani was part of the planning committee and she did a fantastic job! There were strands of lights hanging above us and candle lit tables. After dinner there was a gift exchange. We were to bring something we were thankful for or something that represented us. My mom said she was going to bring a roll of toilet paper. Yes, you read that right. While I too am thankful for toilet paper, I told her I'd be embarrassed so she better come up with something else. She came up with this...


She likes cleaning and this makes washing dishes much less gross than washing with a washcloth. Trust me, I know. If you use a washcloth you may as well use your hand. That's my opinion on the matter. Anyways, the sponge thing is better than toilet paper- I think.

I did a watercolor of two of my favorite things- hats and dresses. I gave the best one away but did these others so I'd have some for myself. (I scanned these but they didn't turn out to well...)




And now back to cake. When they announced what was for dessert, my heart fluttered. When Lani came to ask if we'd had any yet, I said no but I totally would, and that she knew how to lure me to events such as these.

Obviously we came to support Lani which was a perfectly fine reason for attending all by itself. However, Magleby's chocolate cake? I almost can't resist. Even if socializing is on the menu too.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Rachel I really liked your post! I've never had that cake!

Megan